Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Weary and Tough Times


This past several weeks have been so weary and painfully tough. The demands and challenges of life have shaken me to the core of the matter. I must say that this life has many trouble and it comes when you don't expect it at times. Circumstances can really cause you stress and pressure you to the point that you feel it wants to squeeze your sense of who you are out of you. This effect the intensity of our emotions, our minds, and our body. It makes you think, "am I going to make it through this deep and dark water?" But deep in my heart, I hear the spirit say to me, "let not your heart be troubled nor let it be afraid, trust in God!" Hard sometimes to think about when in the midst of struggles. I often want to take control of things when God is really calling me to trust and obey...not to be in control of everything.

Hope arise within me and I start to believe that all this will work together for my good. Not because I say so, but because the spirit who dwells in me assured me so.
I know that life on earth has it's terrains of storms and I must have a solid foundation such as believing what God said in His Word and His Word is the anchor of my soul. He gives me grace to stand firm against these storms of life, expecially when the wind come heavy against me.

Eventually, the storm will subside and the sun will start to shine brightly upon me. I will begin to feel a newness of life within me. A newness of confidence, a newness of perspectiveness, an newness of strength, and a newness of my becoming who I am. All new will behold with me as the Spirit of the Lord has His way in me. Just to think that "part of Him lives in me!"

I remember reading a quote somewhere while I was commuting to work.

"If I don't stand for something, I will fall for anything". Think of things that has significance and worth.


I will live on boundaries that will uphold me and will not let no one persude who I significally becoming.

Oh, the calmness of His Spirit taking control.

Thank you, Jesus!


Stand Firm, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment