Friday, June 18, 2010

Our Purpose


Believing we are saved primarily to serve God leads to;
trying to do things for God in order to ern His acceptance.
Living from our own strength and ability rather than depending on the power of the Holy Spirit.
Believing God is more interested in our behavior than in a relationship with us, and being spiritual proud based on our performance, abilities, or sacrifice.

Believing the "amzing good news" progressively transforms our lives!

Our purpose and meaning we give to life will change.

Increasingly, our purpose will be to enjoy a love relationship with God. Rather than always trying to avoid pain, we will begin to see problems as opportunities to know God experientially.

Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I may have Christ 9 and become one with him. I no longer count on my own goodness or my ability to obey God's law, but I trust Christ to save me. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith. 10 As a result, I can really know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I can learn what it means to suffer with him, sharing in his death.~Philippians 3:8-10 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment